Who We Are
- Our website is called Shabda Academy and is accessible at the URL https://academy.shabda.co.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why
- When you access this website through a social login, we store your name, email address, and profile picture. Your login information is used to keep a record of the courses that you subscribe to, complete, or may be in progress. Your ratings are tracked against your login.
- If you log in to our site, we set up cookies to save your login information, which may persist for your return sessions. We don’t use these cookies for any other purpose.
- As you progress through the course study, we keep track of your progress in our database. If you take quizzes, the results of the answers provided by you are stored in our database.
- When visitors leave course reviews, we store them to display in aggregate form.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
- Courses and content on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.), which behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How Long We Retain Your Data
- If you leave a review or subscribe for a course or take a quiz, the metadata is retained indefinitely, unless you send us an explicit request to delete the data. This is so we can recognize the course inter-dependencies and allow you to subscribe for future courses.
- For users that log in on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. This data is stored indefinitely unless you send us a request for data deletion.
How We Protect Your Data
- Nothing transacted over the Internet is 100% secure. However, there are industry best practices that everyone uses, and we do that too. We use SSL encryption to ensure that the data you input using your browser remains private. We control access to the site through Social Logins and the security of the access is as strong as that of the Social Login provider.
- We also use the best practices in Administrative access, such as long non-intuitive passwords along with Time-Based OTP authentication. Any hacking attempts are quickly blocked,
How We Profile Your Data
- Shabda Academy is a non-profit service, which means that we don’t charge you for the service, and you are not the product that we will try to monetize. Therefore, we don’t sell your data to anybody else, use it to show you ads, or utilize it for any ulterior purposes.
- We might from time to time, however, look at which courses are doing better than others, the user feedback and ratings, and use them to try to improve the course content. Educating the interested visitors is our sole aim. You are welcome to send us feedback.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
- If you would to erase your account, you can request data deletion by contacting us. This excludes data we are obliged to keep for administrative or security purposes.